Version 6 was released in October 2010. It is a major step forward and includes:
- New security process. PA no longer relies on native Access security. Security can be set up for each user to access screens and reports
- Help on each screen. Help is available at screen level, and field level
- Ability to update help. In addition, you can add your own comments to the help screens.
- Option to turn off updates to help screen. Each installation can be set up by the system administrator to either be able to modify the help screens, or restricted from modifying the screens.
- Gantt chart. If your needs for scheduling are basic, you can create your own Gantt chart in PA. If you want, you can still use Microsoft Project for your Gantt chart.
- Able to track changes to the program. You can now track each change that occurs in PA. History tracking can be turned off or on.
- Automatic update of latest version. PA now checks online for a new version. If it finds a new release, it will ask you if you want to download.
- One button linking of database. No more having to delete old links and create new ones. It is all done with one button.
- Show the total number and completed actions for issues, risks etc.
- This facility was available on meetings but is now on all action item screens. If you have an issue, you can immediately see how many actions there are for the issue, and how many still outstanding.
- Rearranged admin to centralise configuration at rollout. This will make rollout much easier. When you install PA on a desktop, the system administrator only had to ensure two tabs of the admin screen are completed for the user to be ready to go.
- Easier management of project access. Setting up project was another tedious task we have simplified. It is now much more straight forward to manage who can see which project.
- New Logon on process. There is now a simple logon screen that does not rely on Access.
- Click magnifying glass to open expanded screen. Previously the magnifying glass indicated that you could right click the adjacent field to open an expanded window. You can still do that, but now you can also click the icon to open the window.
We have also produced a 10 minute video to show you some of the features. Click here to see the video. If you like that video, we also have a range of other videos available to demonstrate features in Project Administrator.