More and more teams are working remotely nowadays. This is quite beneficial for businesses as it allows them to save considerable time and costs. But maintaining effective communication and collaboration among globally dispersed team members remains a big challenge. Geographical distances separating them can hamper communication and collaboration among them. This in turn can drastically affect their efficiency and productivity over work.
But this concern of businesses can be properly addressed by using online collaboration softwares which enable fast and accurate communication among team members in a convenient manner. So this provides a great scope for businesses who have some great ideas and plans and want to work towards their success. This would help them to grow and profit more.
So we are providing here a list of five useful online collaboration softwares that will not only facilitate effortless communication and collaboration among remotely located team members, but will also enable them to work in a collaborative, efficient and productive manner. With better bonding among them, their efforts will be translated into quality and timely results which every business needs for its success.
1. Skype: This online collaboration application enables instant and convenient communication between people both at work and at personal level. The beauty of this tool lies in the fact that it can be accessed from variety of devices like mobile, tablet, computer, home phone and even TV. Users can make voice and video calls, send messages as well as share files, videos and photos.
A boss can easily and clearly explain finer points to his remotely located team members through a video call. Its Group video call feature allows users to communicate with up to 10 people at the same time. You can enjoy some great moments with your friends and family members through its video chat feature and see them right before your eyes even if they are distantly located.
2. ProofHub: This online project management software enables organized and planned management over projects. It is quite easy to use and offers some pretty useful features like notes, to-do’s, calendar, mobile, Gantt besides others. It enables fast and accurate communication and collaboration among globally dispersed team members. They are able to perform their tasks in a timely and organized manner through to-do’s without forgetting their tasks. Progress over projects can be precisely tracked through its Gantt chart feature and risks can be identified early and resolved promptly. Thus projects can be properly managed within the constraints of time, budget and resources and can be timely and successfully accomplished.
3. Google Drive & Google Docs: Google Docs let you create folders, documents, presentations, spreadsheets besides other things. Users can create files, edit, upload and share them with their co-workers. Google Drive acts as a free online repository where these files, documents and other things can be stored and these can be readily accessed from any location and from different devices. Google Drive imparts users the flexibility to work with various kind of files by installing different Google Drive apps.
4. Evernote: This online application allows users to create notes, view and edit and store them and reference them easily for further use. It enables users to capture content present in variety of forms like photos, web pages, handwritten notes, to-do lists besides others. In customizable notebooks, these notes can be grouped together. Notes can be easily and quickly searched and filtered through tags. Co-workers are able to conveniently share notes with each other and this boosts their efficiency at work.
5. Dropbox: This enterprising tool lets users access their files while online. An individual can readily sync these files to a computer and access them while offline. He can operate these like any other folders and files. Users can access their files and documents from any kind of device whether it is a tablet, phone and computer. It grants them the flexibility to edit documents, add photos and show videos from any place in the world. Their data and information remains secure and safe from any accidents and it can be restored in split seconds. Users can control the access of other individuals to their stored data. It is quite a useful application for storing work related and other kind of data.
Sharon is a Business manager of ProofHub, a web based project management software that facilitates management of projects and helps in their faster and accurate accomplishment as per schedule. It enables the team members who are spread out in different locations in the world to collaborate over project matters. They can define, document, discuss, organize, coordinate, review and control different project matters efficiently which results in their quick resolution. With its use, organizational objectives can be achieved effectively along with the generation of intended gains and assets.